We #buildblackglobally by connecting African and Afrodiasporan businesses to work together through events, communications, merchandising and advisory services.
Stay In The Know
Access business and innovation news and information to Africans and Afrodiasporans, about Africans and Afrodiasporans in the beauty, food and creative industry
We bring people together through fun, immersive, multsensory events that connect, inspire and empower our businesses
We partner with artisans around the world to create unique products that help us build wealth while bringing beauty and light into the world
We provide a platform for connecting African and Afrodiasporan businesses through consulting services, Human resource acquisition and debt/ equity financing
Meet Amma Aboagye
Amma Aboagye is the Founding Curator of the Afropole and will boil her life’s work down to one thing: value addition. With over 12 years of success building new and innovative products within non- profits, businesses and government organizations, Amma is passionate about using identity, culture and economics to add value to the new wave of Pan African sentiment moving across the globe.
Meet The Team
In all things that are purely social we can be as separate as the fingers, yet one as the hand in all things essential to mutual progress."Booker T Washington
The #buildblackglobally Manifesto
- We believe we can address market inefficiencies that make it difficult for Africans And Afro Diasporans to participate profitably in a global economy through a five phase process:
- Build Trust- Address issues of information asymmetry that exist between communities of color on the continent and in the diaspora through print, video and audio media
- Build Community- Leverage network effects by developing communities of practice and innovation platforms to build bonds between African and Afrodiasporan businesses
- Build Resources- Systematically catalogue, assess and support African and Afrodiasporan businesses in the food, beauty and creative spaces.
- Build Value Chains- Connect businesses, invest in businesses and develop products/ services to address specific impediments to scale and growth (ie. transport, human capital, etc.)
- Build Black Spaces- Create physical spaces that foster community to curate, sell and celebrate the outputs/ outcomes of building wholly black value chains